The Classic TIMKEN Bearing Failure Development Stage
Writer: Eric Bearing Limited
1. Initial stage
(1) The noise is normal;
(2) The temperature is normal;
(3) It can be measured by ultrasonic, vibration peak energy, and acoustic emission. The outer ring of TIMKEN bearing is defective;
(4) The total amount of vibration is relatively small, and there is no discrete TIMKEN bearing fault frequency spike;
(5) The remaining life is greater than 10%.
2. The second stage
(1) The noise is slightly increased;
(2) The temperature is normal;
(3) Ultrasound, acoustic emission, vibration peak energy have a large increase, and the outer ring of TIMKEN bearing is defective;
(4) The total amount of vibration increased slightly (the total amount of vibration acceleration and the total amount of vibration velocity);
(5) The TIMKEN bearing fault frequency can be clearly seen on the logarithmic scale spectrum, and it is rare to see on the linear scale spectrum. The noise level is significantly improved;
(6) The remaining life is 5%.
3. The third stage
(1) Noise can be heard;
(2) The temperature rises slightly;
(3) Very high ultrasonic, acoustic emission, vibration peak energy, and the outer ring of TIMKEN bearing is faulty;
(4) The total amount of vibration acceleration and the total amount of vibration velocity have greatly increased;
(5) Clearly see the fault frequency of TIMKEN bearing and its harmonics and sidebands on the linear scale spectrum;
(6) The noise level of the vibration spectrum is significantly improved;
(7) The remaining life is less than 1%.
4. The fourth stage
(1) The intensity of noise changes;
(2) The temperature has increased significantly;
(3) Ultrasound, acoustic emission, and vibration peak energy increase rapidly, and then gradually decrease, and the outer ring of TIMKEN bearing is in a failure state before damage;
(4) The total amount of vibration velocity and vibration displacement are significantly increased, and the total amount of vibration acceleration is reduced;
(5) Lower TIMKEN bearing failure frequency dominates the vibration peak, and the noise level in the vibration cheek spectrum is very high;
(6) The remaining life is less than 0.2%.
The development of TIMKEN bearing failure and deterioration is not in accordance with the linear law, but according to the exponential law. TIMKEN NA3780 bearings online , pls click here :
Common problems and countermeasures when using TIMKEN bearings
Problem 1: strong metallic sound
1. Abnormal load: select appropriate assembly clearance and preload;
2. Poor assembly: improve shaft machining accuracy and improve installation method;
3. Insufficient lubricant: supplement or use suitable lubricant.
Question 2: regular tone
1. Foreign matter causes channel rust, indentation and scars: clean relevant parts and use clean grease;
2. Channel spalling: fatigue wear, replace TIMKEN bearing.
Problem 3: irregular sound
1. Foreign matter intrusion: clean relevant parts and use clean grease;
2. Excessive clearance: pay attention to fit and choose appropriate clearance;
3. Steel ball scars: the steel ball is peeled off due to fatigue or stuck by foreign matter, replace the TIMKEN bearing.
Question 4: Abnormal temperature rise
1. Too much lubricant: reduce lubricant;
2. Insufficient or unsuitable lubricant: add lubricant or choose suitable lubricant;
3. The mating surface creeps or the sealing device is too large: the bearing outer diameter or inner diameter mating surface is corrected, and the sealing form is changed.