Writer: Eric Bearing Limited
SKF ball bearings and ball bearing units are assembled in units. Before installing, you should not try to disassemble the bushing and remove the mounting ring from the bearing. When installing or removing ball bearings and bearing units, SKF recommends using a sling or dry jack to unload all weight from the bearing and secure the shaft to prevent it from rotating.
SKF ball bearing and ball bearing unit installation steps:
1. Use emery cloth or fine file to remove all burrs on the shaft, wipe with a cloth, and check the shaft diameter.
2. Install all components between two bearings or bearing unit positions on the shaft.
3. Clean the base of the bearing unit and its supporting surface to ensure that the supporting surface is smooth and smooth.
4. Slide the first bearing unit onto the shaft to ensure that it can contact its mounting ring.
5. For the vertical bearing housing unit, carefully align the two units with the shaft, and then fully tighten the mounting bolts on the bearing housing base.
6. Align the shaft axially on the bearing arrangement and rotate it a few times if feasible.
7. Fix the first bearing unit to the shaft by positioning the locking ring, so that the grub screw is directly located in the opposite direction of the opening on the shaft sleeve.
8. Then tighten each flat head screw, starting from the screw opposite the opening of the bushing, until the long handle of the hex wrench touches the torque indicator provided .
9. Make sure that the shaft rotates smoothly and the bearings will not block. If the shaft does not rotate smoothly, loosen one of the bearing units according to the disassembly instructions, and then fix it again.
10. If necessary, snap the end cover into place.
SKF ball bearing and ball bearing unit disassembly steps:
1. Abrasive cloth can be used to clean the extended part of the shaft to remove rust or repair surface damage.
2. Loosen all screws on the first bearing unit.
3. Gently tap the edge of the sleeve of the bearing mounting ring until the locking system releases the shaft. Or you can tap the end face of the bearing inner ring on the opposite side of the mounting ring.
4. Loosen and remove the mounting bolts, and slide the bearing unit off the shaft.
5. Repeat steps 1 to 4 to disassemble the second bearing unit.
Today , ERIC BEARING LTD share SKF ball bearings 6219-2Z photos for reference :
SKF ball bearings can be inserted into any SKF Y housing:
To do this, in order to avoid damaging the edge of the sleeve, use a tube or wooden rod slightly smaller than the inner diameter of the bearing. At the same time, avoid excessive pressure on the bearings when turning in place. Make sure that the rotating torque is not transferred to the opening area of the bushing.
When installing the bearing, make sure that one of the relubrication holes on the bearing coincides with the relubrication groove in the bearing housing, and cannot coincide with the installation groove in the bearing housing, otherwise the grease will leak.