Writer: Eric Bearing Limited
KOYO bearing early failure ratio factors:
Accounted for 36% of KOYO bearings' early failure causes. The main problems include insufficient lubrication, excessive lubrication, impurities in the lubricant, improper lubrication intervals, and so on.
It accounts for 14% of the premature failure of KOYO bearings. The main problems are seal failure, man-made pollution and dirty operating environment.
Accounted for 34% of KOYO bearings' early failure causes.
How to judge whether the bearing can still be used during maintenance and disassembly of KOYO bearing, Eric Bearing Limited summarizes the following points based on the understanding of the use of KOYO bearing:
1. Check a disassembled KOYO bearing. Before it has been cleaned, don't judge whether it can be used again. Treat it as a new one.
2. Don't turn a dirty bearing, you can turn it when cleaning. The cleaning solvent should be a petroleum-based solvent and wipe it on a clean and lint-free cloth or a clean and moisture-free compressed air.
3. Be careful during the cleaning process. The detergent can damage the skin. Try to wear protective gloves and goggles.
4. Check the KOYO bearing. Use a small mirror and a dentist-like probe to check the raceway of the KOYO bearing. When checking the cage and rollers, pay special attention to scratches, imprints, cracks, and color changes to see if there are still images. Mirror-like surface and so on.
5. Toggle the KOYO bearing and listen to its sound. If an undamaged bearing has no scars or other defects, the gap is not too large, and the operation is very stable, then the KOYO bearing can be reinstalled.
6. In order to prevent corrosion, KOYO bearings should be lubricated immediately after cleaning. KOYO 6213 2RD bearings online , pls click here :
KOYO bearing maintenance precautions
1. Keep the bearing and its surrounding environment clean: even if the invisible smile dust enters the bearing, it will increase the wear, vibration and noise of the bearing.
2. Be careful when using and installing: strong stamping is not allowed, hammers are not allowed to directly strike the bearing, and pressure is not allowed to pass through the rolling elements.
3. Use appropriate and accurate installation tools: Try to use special tools and try to avoid using cloth and short fibers.
4. Prevent bearing corrosion: When directly picking up the bearing, wash away the sweat from your hands and apply high-quality mineral oil before operating. Pay special attention to rust prevention during the rainy season and summer.
However, under certain special operating conditions, the bearing can obtain a longer life than traditional calculations, especially under light load conditions. These special operating conditions are when the rolling surfaces (tracks and rolling elements) are effectively separated by a lubricating oil film and limit contaminants that may cause surface damage.
However, these types of damage are also related to industry. For example, most of the pulp and paper industry is due to poor lubrication or pollution caused KOYO bearing damage rather than due to material fatigue.